Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blogging on the train.

Blogging on the move just for the novelty of it. National Express East Coast mainline, seat G05A which is standard class, crowded as always - too many mobile phones bleeping and intercom announcements from the train crew. At least the Wifi is free nowadays but the connection is off and on as we hurtle at 125 miles an hour through somewhere in England. Its green and flat outside and I'm already an hour out of London. Its grey and cloudy and it seems everywhere its spring rain.

I've been listening, as I travel from London to Newcastle, to the Brian Eno / Robert Fripp No Pussyfooting album - ambient electronic music from the 1970s with nice guitar effects - which made me snooze off. Now I've got on Joe Byrd - The American Metaphysical Circus - great album which seems much faster and seems to motor along at about the same speed as the train.
The plug down by my side doesn't work so I'm on limited battery power just now and hope everything doesn't break down before I get this blog finished and posted and I also want the music to last till Newcastle as well. Its funny because there is from time to time the smell of burning rubber which is reassuring!

Well I'm out of London for the next week and have a few days at my parents caravan - in the Tessdale Valley - with two Danish friends to look forward to. I'll be without phone and internet connection - and as such blogging will come to a standstill after this message for a while. By which time the fate of Newcastle United will be determined and who knows what other disasters this world will succumb to.

So I'll back after my little journey to the countryside.
Happy Smiles from me. Bright Days ahead.

1 comment:

  1. where are you now upon the wonders of your dreams and joys of new love? May your love last forever and your dreams be fulfilled. take care

    ReplyDelete